DENTIPLAN USA, LLC
Last updated January 1, 2019
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION
PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY
THE PRIVACY OF YOUR INFORMATION IS IMPORTANT TO US
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Objective Perspective, LLC, doing business as Dentiplan USA, LLC (“Dentiplan USA, LLC”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your information and your right to privacy.
1. What Information Do We Collect?
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you. Types of data collected include:
Personal information you disclose to us
We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, contact information, health information, payment information, and social media login data.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Sites or Apps or otherwise contacting us. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Sites or Apps, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
- Name and Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
- Health Information. We collect your necessary health information in order to provide you with the treatment options.
- Payment Data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument.
- Social Media Login Data. We provide you with the option to register using social media account details, like your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media accounts. If you choose to register in this way, we will collect the information described in the section called “How Do We Handle Your Social Logins” below.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
Some information - such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics - is collected automatically when you visit our Sites or Apps.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Sites or Apps. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Sites or Apps and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Sites or Apps, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Cookies and tracking data
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies in an effort to improve our service to you and to maintain our security.
As you use our Sites or Apps, certain information may be passively collected by Cookies, navigational data like Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) and third party tracking services, including:
Information collected through our Apps
- Cookies. A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you
- Website and Apps Activity Information. We may keep track of some of the actions you take on the Sites or Apps, such as the content of searches you perform.
- Access Device and Browser Information. When you access our Sites or Apps from a computer or other device, we may collect anonymous information from that device, such as your Internet protocol address, browser type, connection speed and access times.
We may collect information regarding your push notification, and Facebook permissions when you use our apps.
If you use our Apps, we may also collect the following information:
Information collected from other sources
- Push Notifications. We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or the mobile application. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
- Facebook Permissions. We by default access your Facebook basic account information, including your name, email, gender, birthday, current city, and profile picture URL, as well as other information you choose to make public. We may also request access to other permissions related to your account, such as friends, checkins, and likes, and you may choose to grant or deny us access to each individual permission. For more information regarding Facebook permissions, please refer to the Facebook Permissions Reference page.
We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, social media platforms, and other outside sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (such as Facebook), as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media profile information (your name, gender, birthday, email, current city, state and country, user identification numbers for your contacts, profile picture URL and any other information that you choose to make pubic); marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- Security Of Data: The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Sites or Apps for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below:
We use the information we collect or receive:
3. WHO WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH?
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see “What Are Your Privacy Rights” below for further information).
- To provide customer care and support.
- To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our Sites or Apps that may contain personal information. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us at email@example.com and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- To deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- To allow interactive features. We may use your information to participate in interactive features (for example, contests and drawings) of our Service when you choose to do so.
- Request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Sites or Apps.
- To protect our Sites. We may use your information as part of our effort to keep our Sites or Apps safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Sites and Apps, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to a public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information to protect our rights and property, and where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidenced in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
4. HOW WILL WE UTILIZE YOUR INFORMATION TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOU?
- Vendors, Consultants, Health Professionals and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors, health professionals or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: Health services, payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. If necessary, we may also allow selected third parties to use tracking technologies on the Sites or Apps, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Sites or Apps over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- Treatment. We may use or disclose your information to a health practitioner or other healthcare provider providing treatment to you in connection with our services, or to family and friends you approve.
We utilize electronic communication and other means to maintain communication with you.
We maintain communication with you in the following manner:
5. HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
- Electronic Communication: We may communicate with you electronically via email, text, voicemail messages, and/or your mobile phone number. You are aware that there is some level of risk that third parties might be able to read unencrypted emails. You further agree that you are responsible for providing us with any updates to your email address and/or mobile phone number.
- Appointment Reminders: We may use or disclose your information to provide you with appointment reminders (Such as emails, text, phone call, voicemail messages, postcards, or letters).
If you choose to register or log in to our websites using a social media account, we may have access to certain information about you.
Our Sites or Apps offer you the ability to register and login using your third party social media account details (like your Facebook or Twitter logins). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, e-mail address, friends list, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public. If you login using Facebook, we may also request access to other permissions related to your account, such as friends, check-ins, and likes, and you may choose to grant or deny us access to each individual permission.
6. IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own.
7. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. By using the Sites or Apps, you represent that you are at least 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
8. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
You may review, changes or terminate your account at any time.
You may exercise certain rights regarding your Personal Data processed by our Sites and Apps. In particular, you have the right to do the following:
9. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
- Object to processing of your data. You have the right to object to the processing of your Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
- Withdraw your consent at any time. You have the right to withdraw consent where you have previously given your consent to the processing of your Personal Data.
- Verify and seek rectification. You have the right to verify the accuracy of your Personal Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of your Personal Data. You have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your Data. In this case, we will not process your Personal Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have your Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. You have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of your Personal Data from our Sites and Apps.
- Lodge a complaint. You have the right to bring a claim before the competent data protection authority.
Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
10. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
By email: email@example.com
By phone number: +1(863) 225-7911
AND CONSENT FOR USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION